Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Howdy folks,
Well i have finally arrived at my much anticipated Denver Colorado.Yes the first thing i did when i spotted the mountains in the distance was to play john denvers song rocky mountain high.I am staying at the ywam base which is great .Its good to be part of a family that is all over the world and just feel totally at home in.

I will have a couple of days break here before tackling the hardest part of the journey.This is the base that had the tragedy about 1 year ago when a guy came in and shot 2 ywamers dead and injured others.The base are doing fine now and have moved on from that.

The last few days have been good ,in the reasonably hard bracket but also enjoyable at times.I have another mosquito story though.I was riding for several hours when i got swamped by hunreds of them.For the next 4 hours of every second i was either scratching or killing them.

They were driving me mad .I finally came to a house and a guy gave me a repellant that actually worked.Its a wonder no one has used them as a form of torture.After a few hours i would confess to anything.

I would appreciate ya prayers over the coming weeks as i combat the mountains,altitude.and probably attitude,humidity,cold,rain,wind,all the lovely elements that will certainly be a big challenge but i know i will get there with the Lords help and your support.

Thats about it for now.Many blessings,
Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment