Friday, August 28, 2009

2nd day in the rockys

Shalom,
Well today was certainly different.I think i thought for a while yesterday that i may have overestimated how hard it was going to be,not so .Today was tough and for one reason,altitude.I hope not attitude.So often i would have to stop every 100 yards to get my breath and i tired easily.

Also in sleeping out ya dont get the hours or quality of sleep needed.It didnt help last night when as i was bunking down a cop spotted me and warned me of bears and mountain lions.I slept with one eye open.

At nearly 11000 feet its cold at night and i have 4 layers of clothing on but at least i have the luxury of some grass underneath tonight to soften my sleep.Hopefully tommorrow maybe a bit easier ,i must be due to go down the mountain soon.

Oh for the comfort of bed and warmth,but its all good fun.Bless you all,
Bernie

2 comments:

  1. HOT WATER BOTTLE!!!!!!
    You should boil a billy and pour the hot water into a water bottle! Following this you should place the hot water bottle near your cold toes. Within moments everything should be warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that insight Gregory.i will look into that

    ReplyDelete