Monday, July 20, 2009

Cincinatti

Gday,
Well i am now in Cincanati and being really blessed. As i had gone over the 2000 kms (quarter distance)i felt i should celebrate that by having 2 days off.I was tired but also felt a need for company as it had been nearly 4 weeks by myself and was getting a bit sick of my own company.I stopped to get some food and a guy (Shawn) comes over and we get talking and he invites me back to stay with his wife Marilyn and son Nick.He was also with a friend Linda.

I am now into my second day off and feel so spoiled.I have the house to myself today and can do normal things like sleep in a bed (nick gave me his room),have a shower,watch tv and just totally relax.Things i would normally take for granted but in this context take on new meaning and feel so much of Gods love in Him providing this for me.Also got to go to church yesterday which was great and they all prayed for me , so i just feel its been such a good break and the hospitality and fellowship so refreshing.God is good.

I love the little things that happen along the way.The other day i got going earlier than usual after sleeping behind a school that i shared with a skunk.They have no fear of humans,i guess they know they can give you a spray or bite and kill you if you dont get treatment.Anyway about 7 30 am i stop at a church where guys are outside and i ask for water and turns out there amish mennonites who dont have tv or computers .Had a great time with them and they prayed for me and a young guy rode with me for a a while and gave me a donation.When a lot of ya day is a grind its those little things that keep ya going.

I keep hearing horror stories how hard its going to be to cross the rocky mountains but no point thinking about it now.This next section will be a lot flatter which i will appreciate and i am trying to look at it as just a job.Some people go to the office or clock on at the factory i start the working day when my feet hit the pedals.It can seem that mundane at times,its only when someone asks what and where am i going and get there reaction that i am reminded that it is a bit different.

Sometimes i might ask for the dirctions to a place 30 kms away and they might respond by saying 'your not going that far on your bike'.Then explain no, i am actually going to San francisco and they just cant believe it along with the fact i am from far,far away Australia.

I even got to share the faith with Linda who asked a lot of questions which i enjoyed a lot. So its been a good couple of days which i am glad to share cos at one stage i thought i was going to be writting horror stories all the way.I am sure there will be more of them but its great when there is good stuff to report as well.
Cheers,
Bernie

3 comments:

  1. Onya Bernie, keep up the great work. Keep stepping out in faith and God will always come through for you. You're a champ. Thanks a million. With love, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice lady came into Kmart today while I was working to buy a new battery pack for her camera so she could take pictures with you before she left. She told me your story and to come on here and check out your site. Keep up the good work man, and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Paul.your the one doing the great work.Hi Ty thanks for your support,let others know about the reason i am doing this.its the cause and not the ride itself thats most important

    ReplyDelete