Tuesday, June 23, 2009

almost at the starting line

Hi all,
Well its 2am and badly need some sleep but its not really going to be my first day on the road today as i have to take a couple of trains and then a little ride to the starting line .It would be getting late by then so i will find somewhere to get a good nights sleep and be ready for my first full day Thursday .
Yesterday a guy just walked up to me and gave me 3 bottles of spring water,someones looking after me already.The new bike is great with the trailer on the back.I am not even sure if i can take it on the second train tomorrow.I may have to plead ignorance and hope for mercy.
Bernie

7 comments:

  1. Good on ya Bernie!! you can do it, we'll be praying for you bro!!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you as well. It looks like you are going through southern Ohio, probably a good 2-3 hours from where we are. However, depending on what is happening, I will do my best to see if we might be able to hook up while you are going through the state. Let me know when you are getting close. I know a few people down that way so I might even be able to hook you up with some place to stay for the evening.

    It was nice getting to know you and I am looking forward to seeing how your journey goes.

    Grace and Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Bernie...I know several in the area you will be in too. Let me know what I can do to help, and I hoping we can take some of the teens you met last week on a road trip to see you while you are in Ohio.
    Have a safe trip!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - Exactly what I prayed 2day - 2 days late, but God can back-date it I'm sure. I prayed that people will be jumping out of nowhere to help you on your way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KEN & FRANK SMITHTOWN BIKE SHOPJune 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

    A MATE HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND YOUR LEGS HOLD OUT AND YOUR BIKE HOLDS UP LOL FROM KENNY AND FRANK AT SMITHTOWN ROCK AND ROLL BIKE SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  6. bernie,
    love what you're doing, will be praying for you! wish i was there to ride with you part of the way...

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for the prayers and encouragement,about to give you a bit of an update on the last three days.

    ReplyDelete